Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

Protected

So, I finally went on Reddit and asked some people there how I can protect my work. Someone directed me to a creative commons licence. It's completely free, and it's just a little message that says that the work is protected by the Creative Commons stuff (it sounds more technical), and that all distributions, changes, remakes and all that jazz must be attributed back to me. So that means people are free to use my work, and even change it, as long as it's always credited to me, or more specifically, my blog, since I'm not using my name for this work. Cool, eh? Alright, onto the interesting stuff.

A while back I posted the beginning of a story that I had been working on years ago. I never edited to updted it, so that readers could see how my writing was back then compared to now. However, I'm going to use that same story for the first chapter or two of my Young Adult novel for my Writing Children's Literature class. At the moment I don't have anything written, but I do have a snippet of dialogue that I had to do for an assignment. It's not much, but hey, it might be of some interest.


“So, you are my niece.” the bird-faced woman said as she circled around Arica.
“Yes. Your sister’s daughter.” Arica replied wearily and craned her neck around to follow her aunt’s movements.
“You said your name is Arica? Such a commoner’s name.” she scoffed. “And look at you. You look like you just climbed out of a pig sty.”
Arica looked down at her plain blue dress and slumped her shoulders. “I have not had time to wash up yet.”
“Oh, do not do that.” her aunt tapped Arica on the shoulder and the girl straightened back up. “You are not living on your parents’ farm anymore. You will have to learn to be a lady.”
Arica nodded and shifted uncomfortably as her aunt stepped back to inspect her.
“You are very tall.” the woman commented. “No man wants to marry a woman who is taller than him. It will be hard to find you a husband.”
“Husband?” Arica squawked. “I don’t want to get married. I’m only fif-“
“Quiet. Your voice irritates me.”
Although she looked insulted, Arica shut her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment